Come help shape the future of AI
Eager to make your mark in the AI industry? Motivated by fast-paced, no-nonsense environments? We want to hear from you.
About the role
Our investment team is looking for a seasoned investment professional who is ready to take on exciting new challenges. Reporting directly to the COO, this critical role in Scale AI’s investment program will have you working alongside the company’s senior executives.
This is a full-time position based in our Montreal lab and involves working closely with other Scale AI team members.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Leading Scale AI’s investment process for a defined portfolio of companies:
- Engage with external organizations to build the investment pipeline
- Assess project proposals received from Scale AI member organizations
- Collaborate with Scale AI advisors for project evaluation on key issues including IP sharing, business impact and AI technology
- Submit and present proposals to Scale AI ’s selection committee and board, ensuring timely review and investment
- Oversee delivery of projects in your portfolio to ensure investments meet organizational objectives
- Support the continuous improvement of the investment process
- Contributing to the development and evolution of Scale AI ’s investment thesis and portfolio strategy
- Supervising and coach junior investment team members
Given Scale AI’s dynamic and evolving environment, the responsibilities of this role may evolve over time as well.
At Scale AI, we’re looking for people who are eager to build great things. We operate in a constantly evolving industry and want to collaborate with driven individuals capable of getting stuff done.
The ideal candidate will have 8 to 10 years of relevant career experience that includes the following skills and expertise:
- Deep knowledge of supply chain, technology, and artificial intelligence domains
- A technical degree (engineering, data science, IT, etc.) and/or a background in business (MBA, consulting, investment banking, etc.)
- Ability to communicate in both French and English
You’ll enjoy the challenges of this role if you are:
- Self-sufficient – able to work autonomously, while seeking support and resources when needed
- Structured – able to set clear goals and measures of success
- Driven – eager to get things done and take any action required to achieve your goal, while remaining structured and organized
- Excellent communicator – able to effectively convey your message to a senior audience
- Collaborative – outstanding people skills, a desire to learn from others and a love of teamwork
financial support of